“When your mind is free of fear and tension, your body can be free of pain and will function as it was created to do so” Marie Mongan
What will you learn?
There are 4 classes with reading hypnobirthing, with a total of 10 hours tuition. There will be a mix of HypnoBirthing videos, lectures, demonstrations, and plenty of time for practicing the techniques and asking questions.
Reading HypnoBirthing® teaches you and your birth partner-
- How the body works perfectly when it is free from fear.
- Releasing any fear that may be holding you back so that you can birth comfortably.
- How to let go of any pre-conceived expectations of birth and pain.
- How to prepare the body and mind with relaxation and visualisation techniques.
- Learn breathing techniques to be used throughout pregnancy, labour and birth to assist your body and your baby.
- How to remain calm throughout labour and how to make birth quicker and easier.
- How to trust your body and how to increase your chances of bringing about a natural start to labour, avoiding any intervention.
- The importance of bonding
- How to write your birth plan
- Learn hypnosis and how to condition your subconscious for a comfortable birth.
- The picture of childbirth today
- Defining hypnosis
- Acknowledging pain
- The physiology of birth and the impact of fear
- The impact of fear on the baby
- The impact of fear on a natural labour
- Understanding your mind and its connection with your body
- The impact of others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is relaxation?
- Positions for relaxation
- Remember to breathe
- Self hypnosis
- Eyes open hypnosis
- Time distortion
- Birth partners script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Prenatel Bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternate options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervations
- Medical interventions before labour commences
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Medical intervention for birth
- What are the benefits of having a natural birth?
- Birth planning
- Physical preparation for birth
- Your baby’s ideal position for birth
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down -birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity
- Your practice and preparation diary
What will you take away from the course?
The course will give you and your birth partner the confidence and belief in your ability to birth your baby naturally and calmly. You will take away with you a host of material and support :
- Your own copy of the Wise Hippo birthing programme.
- 5 MP3s for relaxation and including powerful suggestions for a calm comfortable birth, birth rehersal and birth affirmations.
- Professionally written scripts for you and your birth partner to practice with.
- Birth preference sheets.
- Visualisation promts and positive affirmations.
- Massage techniques.
- Breathing methods for labour and birth to assist your body.
- Visualisation techniques to ensure your body is relaxed.
- Birth prompts for your birth partner to help you with your relaxation techniques through labor.
- The opportunity to meet other ‘mums to be’ if you are attending a group class or individual personal attention if you are attending a private class.
- The skills of a qualified professional hypnotherapist to answer any of your questions or to help you work on your fears.
- Clear instructions on how to practice and be prepared for your birth.
- Continued support by phone or email.
“Allow Reading HypnoBirthing to teach you how to let your body be amazing!
Birth your baby calmly, peacefully and in control, just how you want it to be”
My dream is that every woman, everywhere, will know the joy of a truly safe, comfortable and satisfying birth for herself and her baby” Marie Mongan
Contact Louise on 0118 9471749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Childbirth Education for safer, easier, more comfortable birthing
in a way that most mirrors nature
Marie F. Mongan,M.Ed.,M.Hy.